The objectives for this session are:
- To help parents utilise their child’s visual learning strength to increase understanding and reduce stress.
To develop an awareness of the different types of visual structure:
- Physical (the environment)
- Schedules (what to do and when)
- Work systems (how to do it, breaking down an individual task into visual steps)
- Visual prompts (objects, photos, pictures and words)
Parents have the opportunity to look at a variety of visual prompts and schedules, and are encouraged to make similar, suitable support materials that will be useful for their child.